East Lothian on Foot
Walking is a quick and sustainable way to travel for short journeys and has many health benefits.
For most people it takes 15 to 20 minutes to walk one mile at a moderate pace. If you've got a short journey to make, why not leave the car behind?
Did you know?
Walking one mile a day burns 100 calories.
Plan your walks
Active East Lothian has more information on the health and wellbeing walks across the county.
For walking routes in East Lothian, visit our Core Paths page.
To plan journeys on foot visit Google Maps.
It’s time to discover your local area!
Walking and cycling for short everyday trips to work, to the shops, and for leisure are great ways to fit regular physical activity in your daily routine.
The Let’s Get Active leaflets give details on the national cycle network and local core paths around East Lothian’s towns:
- Download the Get Active Musselburgh leaflet
- Download the Get Active Tranent leaflet
- Download the Get Active Haddington leaflet
- Download the Get Active Prestonpans leaflet
- Download the Get Active Dunbar leaflet
- Download the Get Active North Berwick leaflet