East Lothian by Bike
For many local short journeys, cycling can be a quick way to get around. For most people it takes around 10 minutes to cycle 2 miles.
Did you know?
A 20 minute bike ride to work could use the same amount of calories as a cappuccino, a bar of chocolate or a 175ml glass of wine.
Plan your ride
To plan a cycling journey visit the Cycle Streets website.
It’s time to discover your local area!
Walking and cycling for short everyday trips to work, to the shops, and for leisure are great ways to fit regular physical activity in your daily routine.
The Let’s Get Active leaflets give details on the national cycle network and local core paths around East Lothian’s towns:
- Download the Get Active Musselburgh leaflet
- Download the Get Active Tranent leaflet
- Download the Get Active Prestonpans leaflet
- Download the Get Active Haddington leaflet
- Download the Get Active Dunbar leaflet
- Download the Get Active North Berwick leaflet