Funding for employers
East Lothian Council’s Employer Recruitment Incentive (ERI) supports the creation of sustainable job opportunities (including Modern Apprenticeships) within the private or 3rd sector for adults and young people with barrier(s) to employment.
Employers can apply for up to £6,000 for newly created jobs to employ someone who meets the eligibility criteria. Funding is based on the rate of pay of the employee and is paid in monthly instalments across 26 weeks.
- aged 16-20 £4,000
- aged 21+ or paying Real Living Wage £6,000
- roles must not replace a post from which someone was made redundant, cause someone to lose their position or lose hours of employment.
- the position must be new to the business
- roles must be at least 18 hours a week and no more than 40 hours (a role of fewer hours will be considered where it is in the interests of the proposed employee) – no zero hour contracts will be considered
- desirable that jobs should be sustainable following funded period
- limited to 1 grant per business (any increase to this will be considered on a case by case basis)
- should be committed to Fair Work Principles
In order to be eligible for the ERI certain criteria need to be met:
- the participant must live in East Lothian
- the participant must be currently unemployed or underemployed and not in full-time training or education
- the participant must have at least 1 barrier to employment
- priority will be given to participants who are care leavers, carers, long-term unemployed, disabled, or have 2 or more barriers to employment
If you would like to find out further information or to request an application form please email email@example.com with ERI in the subject line