Adult literacy and numeracy
Skills for learning, for work, for life
Join us to take that first step back into learning. From everyday reading, writing and numbers, to working towards that qualification, or improving your skills for the workplace.
Our informal, friendly groups run in venues across East Lothian. For 2 hours a week, learners work towards achieving their own individual goals.
We offer limited 1 to 1 sessions for learners not ready to start in a group. We also offer support to people with dyslexia.
Literacy / everyday English
- getting your thoughts on paper
- improve your spelling and writing skills
- gain confidence in writing for job applications, work and college
- build on reading skills for work, college and pleasure
Numeracy / Maths
- everyday numbers - adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- fractions, percentages, decimals and metric measurements
- life skills numeracy – time, money, budgeting and bills
SQA qualifications (SCQF level 3 and 4)
- core skills communication
- applications of mathematics (level 3)
- mathematics (level 4)
Who do we work with?
Our learners include adults and young people from all walks of life. Whether you feel that you missed out on your own education, or find you now need new and different skills for life today, we can help.
We work with anyone over 16 who wants to:
- take that first step back into education or training
- feel more confident about learning new things
- brush up core skills for work
Find out more
Any agency or individual can make a referral. We arrange to meet individually with potential learners for an informal chat before they join our provision.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01620 827 262 for further information.