Adult literacy and numeracy
Take the first step back into learning: everyday reading, writing and maths
We work closely with our partners to provide a first step back into learning for the many adults and young people who may have missed out on their own education, or who find they now need new and different skills for life today. We also offer support to people with dyslexia.
We run groups across East Lothian for a couple of hours a week in an informal, learner centred environment. We offer limited 1:1 for learners not ready to start in a group.
Literacy / everyday English
- Getting your thoughts on paper
- Improve your spelling and writing skills
- Gain confidence in writing for job applications, work and college
- Build on reading skills for work, college and pleasure
Numeracy / everyday Maths
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Fractions, percentages, decimals and metric measurements
- Life Skills – time, money, budgeting and bills
SQA qualifications (SCQF Level 3 & 4)
Who do we work with?
Anyone over 16 who wants to:
- Take that first step back into education or training
- Feel more confident about learning new things
- Brush up core skills for work
Locations: Various across East Lothian
Times: Each group runs for 2 hours per week, day and evening times, term time only.
Referrals: Any agency or individual can make a referral. We arrange to meet individually with potential learners for an informal chat before they join a group. For more information, please contact us via the details on this page.