Minor variations

You can only perform the alteration or change to your business after any variation application has been granted.

Variation to substitute a premises manager

Should a premises manager cease to work at the premises, becomes incapable, dies, or has their personal licence suspended or revoked, the premises licence holder must:

  • Give notice to the licensing board, in writing (within seven days)
  • Lodge a variation to substitute a new manage (no later than six weeks after the date the manager ceased to work)


The appropriate application form must be completed.  If you are varying the layout plan, a copy of the proposed layout plan must accompany the application form.

Minor variation application form

Minor variation guidance information

Layout plan guidance


The fee for a minor variation is set at £20 except where you want to change the Premises Manager, when it is £31.


**Please note: application fees are non-refundable**